The JCC Meals on Wheels program is administered by the Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio.
For over 30 years, the JCC Meals on Wheels program has contributed to the overall well-being of homebound senior adults by providing regular nutrition and daily contact with caring volunteers.
Kosher Meals for the Homebound
For senior adults who have difficulty shopping and cooking, the Meals on Wheels program delivers nutritious, frozen kosher meals every week. Choose from a menu (including accommodations for a low-salt and diabetic diet), then heat and eat.
Emergency Kosher Meals
For senior adults who are recuperating at home and in need of prepared food, the Meals on Wheels program will deliver nutritious, frozen kosher meals.
Qualified applicants can receive this service free of charge, with an option to give a charitable donation.To see if you qualify, please contact the Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio at 800.252.0155. When you call, be sure to specify that you'd like the Mayerson JCC to deliver your meals.
There are only five basic requirements:
1. The person is unable to prepare her/his own meals; and
2. The person is unable to participate in a congregate nutrition program because of physical or emotional difficulties; and
3. The person must be at least 60 years of age.
4. The person lacks another meal support service in the home or the community;
5. The person is the spouse of an eligible person, regardless of age or abilities, who lives in the home of the eligible person.
Meals may be delivered via private-party pay, at a cost of $9 per meal.
For more information, contact Chris Ellison, Meals on Wheels Coordinator, at 513.792.5667; e-mail