Senior Russian Speaking Program
Our Russian Speaking and New Americans program provides the Russian speaking community with a place to socialize, receive assistance, and overcome challenges. Through the program, Russian speakers have the opportunity to integrate into the greater Jewish community.
The J’s environment encourages the celebration of Russian heritage, while also giving members the chance to learn about and participate in American culture.
We offer transportation to and from the J, so participants can engage in daily social activities and educational programs:
- Game Day: Monday – Friday 10am – 1pm
- Come and enjoy a challenging game of rummikub or dominoes or visit with some of your favorite friends.
- English Class: Tuesdays, 10:30am – 12pm, Room 129
- Come learn the English language to engage in everyday interactions and conversations. Run by Jewish Family Service.
- Seniors Choir: Thursdays, 11am – 12pm, Room 117
- This unique performance group has regular rehearsals and performances, including participating in birthday celebrations.
- Lecture Series: Fridays, 11am – 12pm, Room 117
- Our monthly lecture series is one of the most popular programs for Russian seniors to socialize, communicate, and learn. Lectures feature a wide variety of topics, including culture, history, politics, current events, literature, humor, and personal experiences. On the last Friday of the month, seniors enjoy celebrating that month’s birthdays with other participants.
- Discussion Club: Fridays, 10am – 12pm, Room 124
- Discussion Club brings to the table various topics each week for discussion, including history, music, travel, politics, art, health, and culture. Various volunteers are brought in to lead the discussions, and on a few Fridays a month, we have special combined groups that will feature musical performers, lecturers from the Cincinnati area and the Jewish Community.
To learn more about our Russian Speaking Program, contact our Russian Speaking Program Coordinator at: 513.722.7240.