Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Mayerson JCC located?
How can I join the J?
Anyone can join the J! Go here for our latest membership special and to receive more information.
I’m not Jewish. Can I still join?
Absolutely! The JCC welcomes everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability. Anyone can be a J member and take advantage of our fantastic facilities and outstanding programs. For more information go here or call 513.761.7500.
Do you rent out your facility?
Yes! You can book our facilities for rentals, wedding receptions, parties, and corporate events. Click here for more information.
What are the JCC policies & procedures?
What is the JCC Guest Policy?
We ask that all guests sign in at the reception desk upon entering the building. Members of the Mayerson JCC are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
Each J Member may bring up to 2 guests at a time. Special requests must be approved by the membership office.
J Members may purchase Guest Passes. The fee is $8/pass for each guest, age 16 or older, or $4/pass for each guest, age 3 – 15. Guests, ages 2 or younger, are free. A guest who lives in the Greater Cincinnati area may be a guest a maximum of 3 days per calendar year. A guest who lives out of town may be a guest up to 21 days per calendar year.
How do I register for JCC classes or programs?
To register for any class or program:
- Register by phone: 513.761.7500
- Register in person: At the membership desk during business hours.
- Register online: Visit your program’s information page on our website for online registration.
What are the JCC registration policies & class refund policy?
Registration Policy: Registration and payment for all JCC programs must be received by the registration deadline. No registrations will be accepted without full payment. All JCC activities require a minimum number of registrants. We reserve the right to cancel classes if the minimum number of registrants is not met.
Class Refund Policy: When signing up for a class, you are expected to pay the full program fee. Fees are not pro-rated, nor will refunds be made, if a participant misses a class due to illness or vacation. No refunds will be given within one week of the start of any program or event. Classes will be cancelled due to a level 3 snow emergency or if a power failure should occur and we cannot safely operate.
Does the JCC offer single-gender classes/hours?
Yes! The J offers single-gender activities every day. These activities include single-gender circuit training, exercise classes, swimming, and more. These programs are scheduled across different days and times of the week.
For a current list of specific co-ed and single-gender classes/hours, click on the following links:
Questions? Call the JCC Fitness Desk at 513.761.7500.
What is the JCC unaccompanied youth policy?
Member children ages 13 and older are permitted to be unaccompanied in the JCC facilities without parental or adult supervision. Member children ages 10-12 do not need to be accompanied in the JCC facilities (with the exception of the Fitness Center) as long as a parent/guardian is on the JCC premises. Each child must display his/her membership card at all times.
Unaccompanied youth are expected to display appropriate behavior: consideration of others, respect for the facility, and utilization of appropriate language at all times. If a child, 10 years of age or older, is not behaving in a respectful manner (as deemed by the JCC staff), a JCC staff member will contact his/her parent or guardian and ask them to promptly collect their child. Some examples of unacceptable behaviors include: destruction of property, excessive running through the halls, failure to follow JCC staff directives, rowdiness, and use of foul language.
If a child is sent home, JCC privileges may be suspended until a meeting is convened with the parent or guardian.
What is the JCC Indoor Track usage policy?
J members, ages 13 and older, may use the indoor track unaccompanied. Member children, ages 12 and younger, may only use the indoor track when accompanied by an adult (age 18 or older). No strollers are allowed on the indoor track because it damages the cushioned track surface.
What is the JCC policy for open swim in the outdoor pool?
Outdoor pool hours are available starting each May. During “Open Swim” hours in the outdoor pool, there will be 15 minute swim breaks at the end of each hour that the pool is open. During each break, all children under the age of 16 must take a break and leave the outdoor pool. This is a good time to reapply sunscreen, utilize the outdoor playground, or enjoy the indoor waterpark, which is open during the hours that the outdoor pool is open.
What are the JCC's guidelines regarding pool safety?
The Mayerson JCC places pool safety among our highest priorities. We are take several steps to provide a safe pool environment for our members:
- The American Red Cross requires a ratio of lifeguards to patrons of 1:50. However, the JCC is establishing a ratio of 1:25 (guards to patrons).
- We hire only experienced/certified lifeguards who stay current on their certifications. We also provide mandatory periodic testing and in-service training sessions for lifeguards.
- The JCC has established a program whereby Red Cross representatives periodically come to the JCC and test the lifeguards on their emergency action plans.
- JCC lifeguards always wear a whistle and hip pack containing basic emergency equipment such as face shield, band aids, gloves, and gauze pads. Other first aid equipment is located in the Aquatic Managers office.
- Children under the age of 6 are required to be within arm’s length of a guardian over the age of 16. Children under the age of 6 who are involved in “free play” or not in a supervised swim class will be encouraged to wear JCC flotation devices. Only flotation devices that are foam and/or Coast Guard Approved (not air filled – for safety reasons) can be used in JCC pools.
- JCC day campers are swim tested and those who are strong swimmers are given bracelets that allow them access to the deep end of the pool. Children without these bracelets do not have access to that area of the pool.
- Lifeguards are under a “no tolerance” policy. Guards who do not precisely follow the JCC aquatic staff manual guidelines will be terminated immediately.
Is there a lost and found at the Mayerson JCC?
Yes. If you believe we may have found an item that you’ve lost, please email us with the subject line “Lost & Found.” Provide your name, phone number, the item(s) that you’ve lost, the approximate date it was lost, and a description. You may also stop by the JCC Fitness Desk and provide the same information. During the summer, there is a Lost & Found bin for camp items at the Camp at the J desk. If we have an item matching your description, we will contact you via phone or email. If not, your information will be kept on file in case your item is found. All items are held for no less than 30 days. Please note, the Mayerson JCC is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.